Mall of Asia

Leaving Borocay was quite an ordeal.  The airport is really small and Cebu Pacific airlines has a lot of fees and restrictions when you check-in.  We all had to get weighed with our carry-on luggage.  Most of us had a pay extra because we were over the limit on checked baggage and carry-on.  We made it back to Manila around 3:30pm.  Lolada and I had a flight back to Korea that night around 1am, so we checked our luggage into the storage area (SO thankful they had that!).  We went with our friends back to the area they were staying overnight, and from there we decided to go to Mall of Asia.  On the way there, our taxi driver decided to pull over in a creepy alley to “take a break” aka pee.  I guess I should just be glad it wasn’t dark outside yet.

Mall of Asia is ranked to be the 4th largest mall in the world.  By the time we got there, it was around 6:30pm and we were all starving.  We ate a delicious dinner at a Chinese restaurant.  I was really excited about this, because the Chinese food here in Korea is…Korean!  It’s definitely not bad, but I had been craving something more authentic.  This restaurant was a chain with actual locations all over China so it was probably the closest we would get.  It was insanely packed, and it took a long time to get our food.  But, it was really good! I got a dish called “3 Cup Chicken”.  It was crispy chicken with loads of garlic and a sweet sauce. 

After dinner, we all went to a drugstore in the mall and stocked up on American shampoo, toothpaste, etc. that we can’t get in Korea.  Lolade and I stuck around for awhile before heading to the airport to check in for our late flight.  We had a bit of trouble getting a reasonably priced taxi to the airport.  Every driver tried to overcharge us, but since we had been there a week we knew their game.  The airport is really close to the mall, so it shouldn’t be very expensive.  After turning down a few taxis, one of the original taxi drivers we asked left his car in the middle of the busy driveway to come find us and accept our deal!  He ended up being really funny.   He was asking us a lot of questions and told Lolade that she was a “black beauty”.  He drove us on the back roads since there was a lot of traffic.  He told us to make sure our doors were locked because the area was very dangerous.  We made it to the airport safely, got our luggage and waited around for our red-eye back to Korea. 

While waiting for our flight, I walked down to one of the little stores because I noticed they had a lot of US candy.  I loaded up on Wild Berry Skittles, Butterfingers, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and Crispy M&Ms (which I think were discontinued in the US, but they are so good!).  I made my way to check out, and it turned out they don’t accept cards.  The lady gave me the look of death while I apologized profusely.  I was very disappointed. 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s